Musical Performance: En Chordais: An Evening of Mixed Classical & Contemporary Mediterranean Traditions
Fri, February 28, 2014 8:00 pm at Alwan for the Arts
The ensemble celebrates the Byzantine musical heritage, Greek folk music, the works of major Mediterranean composers, as well as compositions by its members and a creative continuation of this great heritage. Of particular importance in the repertoire is the application of Kyriakos Kalaitzidis' (En Chordais' artistic director) research findings in manuscript codices from the 15th-19th century, which are preserved in several historical libraries of Europe.
Tickets: $20 General | $15 for Students, Seniors, Members
(*A small online fee is applied)
Doors open at 7:30 pm
Radio France Prize for World Music – 2008 Official nomination for the UNESCO Sharjah Prize - 2006
Alwan's music program is made possible, in part, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in Partnership with the City Council.
Last updated: 2014-02-03 18:24:00
Join Our Mailing List:
- Beginner Oud with Zafer Tawil (Fall 2014)
- Arab Rhythm & Percussion with Zafer Tawil (Fall 2014)
- Arabic Script Calligraphy: Thuluth - Letter by Letter with Elinor Aishah Holland - CANCELED
- Spoken Levantine Arabic: Level II: FULL
- Spoken Levantine Arabic: Level II
- Written & Spoken Levantine Arabic: Level I: 2 SPACES LEFT
New York, NY 10004
(646) 732 3261
Alwan for the Arts is accessible to people with disabilities. Please call 646 732 3261 in advance, or, buzz at the door to arrange a ramp.
© 2014 Alwan for the Arts
Hosting donated by:Marefa.org, the Arabic Encyclopedia