Levantine Colloquial Arabic I, Fall 2011
Sep 01, 2011-Nov 03, 2011
Teachers: Iman Meiki
Levantine Colloquial Arabic I
Schedule: Thursdays, 8:00-9:50pm, Sept 1 - Nov 3 (10 Sessions).
This course will work on the student's conversation and pronunciation skills in order to achieve confidence and fluency in day-to-day situations. The course will be conducted in the Levantine dialect spoken in Syria, Lebanon and Palestine. This course is for students who have completed Modern Standard Arabic Level I and have the ability to read and write.
Classes materials will include Arabic newspapers and will introduce you to some Arab songs and cinema.
*Alwan members eligible for discounts. See here for details.
To register for a class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To secure your place, prior to the first class meeting, please mail a check payable to 'Alwan Foundation' for the full tuition to:
16 Beaver Street, 4th Floor,
New York, NY 10004
Please note that if you drop the class after the first session, you will be reimbursed 75% of the fees. No reimbursements will be made after attending the second class.
If you decide to register after the first class meeting you will be expected to bring a full tuition check to the 2nd session.
Join Our Mailing List:
- Iraqi Maqam: Repertoire and Variation with Amir ElSaffar (Spring 2014)
- Arabic Language Classes: Modern Arabic Language Level II (Spring Session 2014)
- (CLASS FULL) Arabic Language Classes: Modern Arabic Language Level I (Spring 2014) (CLOSED)
- (NOW OPEN) Modern Arabic Language Level I (Spring Session) NEW CLASS
- Arab Vocal Traditions with George Ziadeh (Spring 2014)
- Arab Rhythm & Percussion with Zafer Tawil (Spring 2014)
New York, NY 10004
(646) 732 3261
Alwan for the Arts is accessible to people with disabilities. Please call 646 732 3261 in advance, or, buzz at the door to arrange a ramp.
© 2014 Alwan for the Arts
Hosting donated by:Marefa.org, the Arabic Encyclopedia